Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

The morning of Mother's Day we spent down in Centerville at our niece's baby blessing. Ally was being blessed and the only bad part of the day was that the church sound system was not working...including the microphones. Sad day. After the blessing we had lunch at Aaron and Aileen's and played some games. Then it was off to spend the afternoon with the Ross side of the family at G&G Ross's for a BBQ. Broc played some basketball with his dad and cousins and it was probably the most exercise he has seen in a while. LOL It was fun to see Dan, Kim and Brady all who flew in for mother's day and for Brad's 40th B-day celebration.

After the BBQ it was home for a quite night and getting ready for the next week to start. As far as a mother's day gift, as we were getting ready to leave in the morning for Centerville, I had to run back into the house to grab some stuff and when I came out Broc had placed my gift on the my seat. It was gift card that I am definitely excited to use! He said he was talking to other employees at the bank about whether or not he should get a mother's day gift because we are not technically parents yet...the child is not physically here and out yet. But, one of the other employees told him he should never tell me that or I would slap him. So he figured he should probably get a gift. :)

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yay for Broc! Happy First Mother's Day!

Meg and Brad said...

Yes indeed - a Happy Pre-Mothers Day to you!! And I'm glad you're here in the blogging network (I like it better here) especially since you'll be going in another year! We'll stay up on each other through the blog!!