Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Baby's 2nd Photo Shoot



A couple weeks ago (August 6th) Croc had his 2nd photo shoot. With the first ultrasound they were unable to get a "clear" shot of his entire heart, so we got to have another ultrasound where they looked at everything again. I'm certainly not complaining! :) The best part of the ultrasound was when they panned in on his profile and he was "yawning"...like "Come on guys, are we done yet?"

In the end, everything checked out wonderful! Ten toes, ten fingers, 1 good looking heart, 2 arms....all is healthy and well in Croc's world!!! At the time of the ultrasound he was 2 weeks ahead of schedule and 3 pounds...a big boy as they put it!

As of my last appointment (August 25th) I have gained 14 pounds and am apparently carrying much lower than average...thus my frequent trips to the restroom! Apparently carrying low is good though? Does that mean he will come out quicker??? LOL.

From behind you really can't tell I'm pregnant, but from the front, I have a BELLY!!! I am actually very happy that other than added weight around my center the rest of my body has stayed fairly the same. So far, no foot growth or massive water retainage! Hip hip hooray for that. I have found that vacation (ie St. Kitts or Cherry Hills) where I am out in the heat all day does tend to make my ankles swell, but then they return to normal within a day or 2 of returning home.

Other side effects of pregoness have included: charlie horses, some tiredness, minor lower back pain, and some off balance moments. Not too shabby! If this is as bad as pregoness gets for me...I'll take it! I'd have to say my biggest complaint is the charlie horses that I get in my calves while I am sleeping...Broc though is the most fabulous husband ever because when they hit at 2:00 am...he is always patiently there to rub them out and ease the pain the 2nd I start to whimper (yes...I do whimper...they HURT!!!)

As far as food cravings, I haven't had any super INTENSE cravings but some foods have become a trend: Pancakes, Pickles, Pot Stickers, Lemonade, Dove Almond and Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Bars & Starburst Candy. So really, not a whole lot different from my normal diet! Funny enough, chocolate things haven't sounded as good as they once did (other than the ice cream bars). The first part of my pregnancy (first 3-4 months) a bag of Dove Chocolates literally sat on my counter untouched...now that is just not normal.

All in all, I cannot believe that I am in the last 2 months!!! In 6-8 weeks our baby will be here! Broc and I will be parents. I am so excited to meet this little guy! :)
Broc is definitely very excited as well.

As far as other details of our life. We are in the process of moving out of the Brown's (where we have been house sitting) and up the street to the house I grew up in. As of Sept 10th, We will be living with my mom and sister and Grandparents in their home for the next 8-10 months. At first we will have one room...then when Uncle Conner goes on his mission (in 3 weeks)...we will take over his bedroom for Croc. On Labor Day we packed up most our stuff and sent it to storage. So many cute things going unused yet again. All well. Moving in with family will be nice...especially since Broc has family right next door! The Ross/Kimball/Trost/Parker/Stoedter bunch is taking over High Mountain Drive.

1 comments:

Meg and Brad said...

You whimper about your charlie horses, and I would just about die!! I got them in the EXACT same place, at the EXACT same time of day!!! And yes - we must both be lucky to have good hubbies that will help in a time of need! Luckily - I didn't have to many - and hopefully you won't either! We need to get together sometime soon! And I'm so glad you finally updated your blog! I've been waiting for an update for like forever! I don't do the whole facebook thing very well. EH!