Friday, September 12, 2008

We are DONE moving!!!

It's official...we are done moving...at least for 8-10 months any way. As of last night we are moved out of the home we have been house sitting for the last year and a half. Where did the time go?

A couple lessons learned over the 18 months:

1. We are not outdoor people in the sense of yardwork, mowing lawns, planting flowers, etc. We enjoy the outdoors...just not cultivating and taking care of them. When we officially ever have a home of our own it will be one with astro turf and some flower baskets from Cactus and Tropicals...or we will be hiring a landscaper and yard crew to do the work and upkeep of a yard.

2. Bigger is not always better.

3. The art of caulking.

4. To keep a well stocked cupboard of light bulbs. In the last 18 months we replaced every light bulb in the house at least twice...some more. We also blew an electrical line/outlet...and continuously had problems with other electrical outlets within the home. We have our theories as to why we are replacing so many light bulbs...but are waiting to live in another location to see if any of them continue or follow us.

5. We are not so sure we want to live in another neighborhood that has a HOA.

As far as other life news...

I had another Doctor's appointment yesterday and so far so good. Baby Parker aka Croc (for now) is developing normally and everything else, according to my doctor, looks "just perfect". Perfect blood pressure, weight, etc. I'm getting to the point where sleep is proving to be somewhat difficult...but we are back to using the pillow top mattress we bought when we first got married which is HEAVEN. I LOVE our bed!

I've been asked if I've started nesting and truthfully, I'm not sure? I've always been a fanatic for home decor, organization, and redecorating. Plus with the move doing all the typical "nesting" things has sort of been required??? I am super excited to get everything in it's place at my mom's and to finish decorating our bedroom. That is one thing I have missed greatly while house sitting...our OWN stuff!!!

Broc is staying busy working at Wells and going to school. He is in his 2nd to last semester at BYU in the Marriott Business School Program. He has sent in all of the initial applications for medical school and is now working on the secondary applications that most schools require. Right now his Top 2 picks for medical school are either Creighton (Omaha, Nebraska) or The Uniformed Services (a military medical school somewhere in Maryland I believe).

3 comments:

Tara said...

I pick Maryland so I can come visit you and go to D.C.!

Laura said...

Hey there cousin! So as previously decided at the rainy campout session on Labor Day turned hang out at Aaron and Aileens place for the evening, we are going to donate money to charity as a Trost Family Christmas Tradition. So here's the specs: all married couples are included. This is what we are doing instead of giving gifts to each other for Christmas. We will be donating to either Primary Childrens or The Road Home. We are going to get a list from each charity of items needed and then distribute the list to your family. You can choose to either donate items from the list, or to just give cash, which will then be used to purchase items in bulk. We will let you know which charity and the items list by Saturday 11-8-08. Cash donations need to be turned in to Melanie by 11-19-08, or you can purchase your items and give them to Melanie by 12-10-08. We will then be going as a group to drop off the items at said charity. Please call me if you have questions. Plus I'm just the messenger. :) Thanks,

Laura 916-5987

Laura said...

Congrats on baby Titan! We heard through the grapevine. Can't wait to see him soon. Lots of love and congratulations!