Finally some free time to update again. I'm hoping to start updating this at least once a week. We shall see...
Here is what I have been thinking about over the last few days/weeks:
1) I could totally do 8-10 kids. Whenever I would say that before people would respond "ummm just wait until you actually have one" or "yeah, you say that but wait until you go through labor."
Well, now I do have a kid and I have been through pregnancy and labor and...I could have 8-10 kids, if they are all similar experiences to this one, and actually even if they were only half as easy and fabulous and this one. Sure the nausea at the beginning SUCKED and things were a little uncomfortable at the end, and breastfeeding has been a little challenging...but really? I truthfully think the words "piece of cake" when I think about the whole experience. I mean only 5 hours of labor and 30 minutes of pushing??? With the epidural...it wasn;t much more strenuous than a workout at the gym.
Even the recovery hasn't been too crazy...I am already back down to my pre-pregnancy weight...and in only 2 1/2 weeks!!! I can fit into all my old clothes again (well all but a couple items) and life is good!!! Even my old jeans still fit. I have always had wide hips though so that is no suprise...I doubt that they had to stretch very much during the pregnancy. I mean "hello" these hips have taken slidding doors off their tracks.
Now, I realize 10 kids might get a little hectic as they all get older and of course there is the cost of raising 10 kids...but really...kids are as expensive or as inexpensive as you (the parents) make it. There are those who may not agree...but seriously...it can be done and without your kids being deprived. Kids do not need to do everything and have everything and "gasp" they can help pay for things as they get older...but that is another tangent/soap box for another time.
So, here's to hopefully a super large family to come as the years go by!!!
2) One event I want to write/document before I forget is of my favorite moment in the hospital...well one of my favorite moments.
It was Thursday night of our hospital stay and I had dropped Titan off at the nursery for a couple of hours earlier in the evening (well if you call 10:00 pm early). At around midnight there was a knock on the door and in came the nurse and baby Titan, apparently he was ready to to eat. So the nurse took him out of the bassinet thing, and handed him to me and there he was all bundled up and WIDE awake. After the nurse left he snuggled up in my arms and stared at me with his huge eyes. I have never experienced such a strong feeling of LOVE as I did in those few minutes.
I think that is the moment it really hit me that I am Titan's mom and will always be and because of that there is a connection and a love stronger than anything. What an incredible few moments. After that experience I couldn't even send him back to the nursery for the rest of the night...I wanted him with me! I didn't want anyone else taking care of him. Now any time things are at all difficult (which is rare, Titan is so good) I just have to remember that moment and it's all totally worth it.
3)Over the 21st,Broc flew to Maryland for his first med school interview. His top choice for a med school is there in Maryland at the Uniformed Services School. He says the interviews went really well and he was impressed with the campus, so we are hoping and praying now that he gets accepted. I am sure he will...he keeps saying his is not so sure but of course Broc is usually very modest about how ridiculously smart and qualified he is! So this is me bragging about him!!! I guess only time will tell...I do like the idea of living in Maryland though. So I'm hoping I'm right and he does get in!!! :)
Monday, November 24, 2008
I could do 10 kids...
Posted by Cambria at 1:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment