Well, it's official. I am not a very good blogger. I thought I would have more time after the baby came and I was home more...but even with being home more and not working the eight to five...there still doesn't seem to be enough time (or real desire) for that matter to update this thing super often. Huh, maybe we all aren't meant to be bloggers! :)
In our lives this month we have been busy getting ready for Christmas (which is tomorrow) and spendings lots of time with friends and family.
Earlier this month Titan and I got together with Megan, Lucas, Melanie, and Tommy. We all went to Pei Wei for lunch and it was an adventure! Considering their ages (ha ha) all the little boys were fabulous! Titan did decid to launch his entire breakfast all over his carseat and self...but what can you do. It was a super fun lunch and so nice to hang out with other new mommies. :)
Titan and I also went out to lunch with Megan and Katerina whom I have not seen FOREVER!!! That was also a very fun lunch. It was nice to get together and catch up and hear what's new! (Next time I just need to work on being a little more on time!!!) I was over a half hour late! It was a crazy day for the little man and myself. Thankfully, they were very understanding!
Titan also got a chance this month to meet his Great Grandma and Grandpa Parker when they came from St. George to visit. They were SO nice and took us out to dinner at the Olive Garden...I am so sad though because we didn't take any pictures!!!
Other events have included going to watch Ada perform during and assembly at Alta (where Titan's favorite toy got a leading role and where Titan managed to sleep through a drum line), taking Titan to meet one of my favorit people in the world Nancy Lunak, visiting the Festival of Trees (Titan slept through it all) and other various family parties.
One of my favorite moments of this month though was when Titan and I got to be Mary and Baby Jesus for part of a sunday school lesson. Last sunday was an incredible experience that I will never forget. I was super hesitant and worried about being "Mary and Baby Jesus" just because I don't do dress up very well and I was afraid of Titan crying through his role...but in the end it was a truly spirit filled experiene. They had us walk in from the back while Silent Night was being sung by an amazing singer in our ward, and the second I walked into the room and started walking down the rows I couldn't stop crying. The spirit was so strong and I thought of Mary and how she must have felt as a new mother, the mother of Christ. Then I was thinking of how perfect my little baby is and how lucky I am to be his mother. I can't believe Heavenly Father trusts us with his perfect little ones! How lucky we are as women to be mother's and to be able to be partners with Heavenly Father in raising his children. Yeah, Dad's do their part too, but there's nothing like being a mother!!! :)
Well, I should go wrap some presents or shower or sleep! But before I do, here are some lyrics to a Josh Groban song that I heard for the first time last night...I absolutely fell in LOVE with the song!!!
Thankful-
Somedays we forget
To look around us
Somedays we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Look beyond ourselves
There's so much sorrow
It's way too late to say
I'll cry tomorrow
Each of us must find our truth
It's so long overdue
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And every day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.
Even with our differences
There is a place we're all connected
Each of us can find each other's light
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see
It's up to us to be the change
And even though this world needs so much more
There's so much to be thankful for
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Christmas Eve
Posted by Cambria at 6:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment