Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby and the Baa....

So forget weekly blogging...monthly seems good! :)

I guess our lives just really aren't that exciting...

Right now my life consists of Broc, Baby, Work and watching TV shows online.

For example this morning has consisted of sleeping until 9:00(Titan is a fabulous sleeper most nights-over 7 hours straight last night), Feeding and playing with Titan while watching the Bachelor online (it's like watching a car wreck you just can't stop watching), and now while Ty naps checking my email while eating sugar cookie dough and a slimfast for breakfast!

For those of you who know me or ever lived with me...you won't find that breakfast a suprise or shocking at all!

I was thinking last night though as Broc was playing with Titan that there are some memories I need to document before I forget them. For starters, the songs Broc sings to Titan:

1) The Baby and the Ba (tune taken from The Beauty and the Beast)
2) Another man can bathe another man in the good ol' land of oz (or something like that...) sung during bath time.
3) Everybody clap your hands it's time for the naky dance do do do do do do do do...(We can thank Aunt Tara for this one) sung during diaper changing time.
4) One taken from Unkie Conner, "push it out, shove it out, WAAAAY out." Also during diaper time.

...and there are many others I will have to write down as I hear them. Every day it seems Broc has a new one.

We can't believe the "little guy" is going to be 3 months old next week! I keep telling him not to grow but he does it when we are not looking!!!

Overall he is a very HAPPY and alert and healthy baby boy! He fusses a little right before nap time or if his tummy is hurting, but other than that, spends his time entertaining everyone with his vast array of faces and personalities. He hands down makes some of the funniest faces I have EVER seen a baby make (and no it's not just because I'm him his mother and find him so stinkin cute). These faces are out of this world funny. He is the master pouter and has other faces that can only be explained as "Titan".

He has also yet to develop a loud cry, it's a more polite cry (for the most part), like, "excuse me, when you have a second, could you please remove me from this situation..."

We heard such a cry last night as we were driving home from Aaron's B-day dinner at Paradise Bakery in Sandy. We were joking that what he was really saying in his baby language was:

"Ummm...there's been a mistake...I didn't sign up for this...can someone please get different parents, not these idiots....I mean seriously guys, I at least signed up for pants...If you only knew you would take me far away from here...PUUUHHHLLLLEEEAAASE....somebody? anybody?"

Now the story behind the pants:

As Broc had the day off from school yesterday for MLK day and The Lost premier is quickly approaching Broc and I spend the afternoon in a Lost marathon. Camped out in comfy clothes, watching one episode after another. We were also up late (very late) Sunday night getting episodes in, trying to get caught up before the 5th season starts.

So Sunday night Titan did not get put in PJ's and woke up the next morning in the onsie he had worn the day before...then he stayed in that onsie all day (the day went by WAY too quickly)...then it came time for me to get ready to head to the B-day dinner so I handed him off to Broc, who being a helpful daddy got the diaper bag all ready and even put Titan in his car seat and rocked him to sleep in it. Well we arrived at the restaurant and I lifted up the canopy cover...and there was Ty still in the same onsie with no pants or socks on!

Broc's excuse is he couldn't see pants anywhere so he gave up...Broc has no idea where to find anything baby related in our house apparently. My excuse is that by the time I was ready he was already covered up in his car seat so his outfit was totally forgotten.

All well! That's a day in the life of a new set of parents I guess. I promise that other than that, we really do take care of him!!! :)

0 comments: